RENOVATIONS

This house started life in the 1800’s as a Carpenter Gothic.  In the 1960’s it was stucco-ed over and its windows were replaced by cheap aluminum.

The Owner wanted to return the house to its former glory, but also wanted to increase the size of the upstairs bedroom windows.  Because the larger windows changed the house’s proportions, we also replaced the flimsy barge boards with new heavier gable trusses.  We also replaced the front porch in its entirely.  This project won a Berkeley Architectural Heritage Association (BAHA) award for exterior renovation.

 



click above image for larger view

click thumbnail
to view detail

 
©2005 & 2006, Hamilton & Company Architecture